Friday, June 6, 2014

Help from Readers

Dear readers,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am working on book inspired by this blog. If you have been encouraged by what you have read here, would you please consider sending me a short endorsement? You can share how you have been touched by our story, a specific blog that has been especially meaningful to you, etc. Please let me know if you are comfortable with having your name in print in the endorsement section of the book or if you would rather remain anonymous. You can leave your comments on this blog site or on my Facebook page. Thank you so much!

Dana

1 comment:

  1. I have just read your last post "Tell Your Story," and I cannot gather what I want to say because it was perfectly written! I am speechless... My son is 2 and was born with Down Syndrome. He is my first child. We have been so blessed with his health and haven't had to have any surgeries. I am a lucky parent, because I was able to hold my son seconds after giving birth to him. When I read that you could not, it just broke my heart. I do not think we ever realized how blessed we have been with my son's health with all the things that we "expected" to happen. To hear about how much your family has gone through is crazy. It makes me feel silly whenever I get upset that my son doesn't sleep through the night, or when he throws a tantrum. I have been wanting another child, but I am afraid of the same things. I am worried about the comparison or contrasting experiences. I don't ever want to find myself thinking or dwelling on how much quicker another child develops or learns. I want to enjoy every moment. Reading your story made me smile and made me believe that it will be okay whenever we embark on that new experience. I am so glad that we got to meet recently and cannot wait until our first play date!!! Thank you! Your story is beautiful...keep telling it.

    ReplyDelete