Friday, January 20, 2012

Wishing...

"I was certainly in a state! 'Clogged with wishes.' I was wishing that my wishes were what God wished, and if my wishes were not what God wished, I wished that I could wish that my wishes would go away, but the wishes were still there."

"If the yearnings went away, what would we have to offer up to the Lord?"

"My heart was saying, 'Lord, take away this longing, or give me that for which I long.' The Lord was answering, 'I must teach you to long for something better."

-Elisabeth Elliott, Passion and Purity

I'm wishing today that the deep longings in my heart would be subject to the One who longs for me. I'm wishing that my desire for Him would overshadow the other desires stirring inside of me. I'm wishing that the pain and the ache would fuel the fire of worship in my heart. Jesus, only You can truly satisfy my heart.

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart." (Psalm 37:4 Amplified)

No comments:

Post a Comment